08 October, 2007

Thirsting

We all have times when we`re thirsting for more. Or we`re just feeling dry and worn out. Sometimes our soul gets tired. 

It can be easy to feel under pressure to always be happy and fruitful. To have it all. Or to bounce back quickly after a disappointment or loss. 

It`s certainly not good for us to wallow. But sometimes we do need time to work things out. Time for our roots to take up water again. For the depths of our soul to be refreshed. For our heart to believe again and our spirit to be revived.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name`s sake."

If your soul is dry, thirsty or aching, respond to your shepherd today. Find a place of rest and allow Him to speak to your heart, to your soul. Let the kisses of His Word revive you and restore you. That`s something that He loves to do.

No comments: