01 June, 2008

Confessions of a backsliding blogger

Ok, so it`s been a while! Sorry. Bit of backsliding as far as blogging is concerned. Lots of going deeper with God during my cave time though.

Well, it`s been busy, as usual here. For a small, quiet town in a corner of Germany, we certainly get quite a bit of action. The summer months are full with individuals, groups and larger teams passing through the Jesus Haus and the town. 

It`s such a privilege seeing people go deeper with God while they are here. It`s not always or just in a "spiritual" context that they sense the presence of God. Sometimes it`s as people do practical work, like sanding down doors or splitting logs open. For others it`s just as they are walking around town, sensing the weight of God`s hand upon their personal destiny.

For me, the last few months have been a time of redefining. God has been affirming me in things I have known and walked in for a long time now as well as redefining my take on things, honing and refining and expanding my insight, gifts and vision.  It kind of felt like backsliding for a while, just because He took me through a process of questioning what we see as Christian culture and what really is Kingdom Culture. I`ve looked at the seasons of the Kingdom and the timings of the Kingdom. The Inheritance of the Kingdom and our destiny as citizens of His Kingdom. Just gazing into His heart.

Hmmmm. If that`s all double dutch to you, never mind. Just remember that God has written every day of your life. He believes in you and He has such a rich destiny for you. No one else can live out your destiny. It`s there, prepared for you to walk in. The question is, are you directing your destiny or are you allowing God to shape you for the destiny He has for you?

Psalm 139:16  Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.